Monday, March 18, 2013

The Girl with the Sunshine Eyes and Thundercloud Smile


I am waiting for
   The girl with the
   Sunshine eyes and
Thundercloud smile.
A face that I once
   Coveted, but the mind
   Behind was the target
Of all my affection.
And oh, my cloudless
   Days have the best
   Of me, raining from
My eyes in the night.
Leaving me sightless,
   Cold and soaked;
   Barely able to
Surface my head.
Where has the girl
   With the sunshine eyes
   And thundercloud smile
Gone? Will she return?
Will I find the light
   In this sunless night,
   Tripping and slipp-
Slip-
Slipping across my eyes?

Under the sunless sky,
  Lit by hope
   (Nostalgia)
A smirk is found
Spread across my face.
   This face, never
   Seen by this girl.
The girl with the sun-
Shine eyes and
   Thundercloud smile.
   The smirk fades.
A sigh barely heard
Over the gales,
   Ebbing through sight
   Flowing out of sound.
Oh, this astral girl
Inciting the winds to
   Blow away the dust,
   Blow away the grime.
God, let her sunshine eyes,
And thundercloud smile,
   Shine and rumble
   Across my sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment