Thursday, November 14, 2013

11/14/13 (continuation of 11/5/13)

And yet, life is so much more
    More than the high and
      Elation of drugs.
Life is magic and strange and wonderful
    And weird and awesome
          (In the traditional sense,
        Of course.)
This wonder that floats
    Across my eyes, the ghosts
      Of lives gone by,
The words of old junkie sages
    Echo in my the box atop my shoulders.
      "Their problem
Is just as deep,
      Just as bad as yours.
You don't get a hero medal
    For what you've done."
The profoundity of this man,
        Still hits me to this day.
  The Russianliterature-loving-dope-peddling
Sage.

Because life is so much more.
  Than being someone I was.
    I could do so much better.
I am, in fact, doing better.
        Learning to love myself,
    And accept myself,
For who I am.
          Who I am at this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment