Sunday, February 17, 2013

Alice



The words I lack
Are the words you possess.
    I always thought life was wrong,
Yet when things go badly,
    You are there.
        Exactly where you are.
Being beautiful.

Time and distance,
   Fill empty spaces,
Fill closet doors to open
        New worlds miles away
  From my own.
Miles away,
    My mind wanders.
      And miles away,
        My heart rests with you.

I'm but a simple man of
    Letters, enslaved by
  The absurd world created by
      Our fathers, led by
        DREAMS dreamt by
          Dreamers long dreamed.
Who long ago, lost the
  Memory, of that perfect dream.
    That perfect picture,
      Of you and I,
        In time's arms.
Timeless to the word,
          And love, to the letter.

Love used in perfect terms,
          In perfect tense
  To a life worth living,
A soul worth saving.
        And a love worth having.

No comments:

Post a Comment