Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Falling Moons

Broken afternoons
Give way to darkness,
That give way to forced words
And four by four blocks
Leading into the Ether.
These broken afternoons
Leave me tired and forgotten,
While I wish to be loved,
The loved have wishes.
What I have taken for granted
Is the only thing keeping me
Where I am, when I am.
But as this silver moon
Falls across the sky,
My heart fades.
My stomach turns and
I am left sitting alone
In the dark, wondering
What the fuck happened.
Whether I really like
Who I am, or what I've
Become, or what I will
Be.
But as this fading moon
Falls through the sky,
I am reminded of my past;
What I have been through
To get to where I am.
And while I would rather
Not think about them,
I am reminded of what I
Have been through.
Of what I have seen.

I've seen my blood dripping
From my legs as if it wanted
To escape the confines of my
veins. I've seen what's left
Of my heart be broken into pieces
Over this sacred Ether.
I've seen (or rather, felt)
My heart cut in twain over
What I thought was sacred.
I haven't had a good memory
In years.

But now,
When I am pondering
On my life now,
I feel as if I don't deserve
The good things I have.
I feel I am not
Worthy of such good fortune.
I wonder if I am where
I am because of fate,
Or just freak coincidence.

Watching this freak moon
Fall from the sky I
Realize that I am who
I am because of the
Actions I've taken in
My past life. What
I have taken for granted is
In the falling freak moon.

I am this moon, I am the sky.
This silver deity falling from
Me is only a reminder that
I have no stars left.
That, across my sky
I have nothing but
Fleeting memories that
I have no desire to remember.
From my falling sky,
From my rising moon
I wish for memories I don't have
To fall for.

Looking up at this sky,
I want nothing more than
An Earth to land on.

No comments:

Post a Comment