Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Dream of a Nightmare


Words don't come as easy
As they used to, you know.
Pained and struggled, staring
At the computer screen, wondering
Wondering why the words are
So hard to form, why the
Page is full, and blank.

The words aren't as
Inspired as they once
Were. Leaving me, alone
In the dark, wanting to do some
Thing creative with my
Words. Only to be
Shot down by
My own
Mind.

Adderall dreams
Fill my head with sorrow,
Guilt and euphoria like never
Before, and yet I've been here all
Too many times. Wondering
Down the dark, bleak
Streets of Venice.
Contemplating
Life.

Coffee stains on
The rug, water pouring
From my pours, escaping
The poisoned body they once
Inhabited, they once called
Home. Littered across
My room are the
Dreams of my
Nightmares.

A life I once
Could only dream
Of, a life filled with
Love, ambition, and, of
Course belonging are only
The dream of a night-
Mare long past.
The words
Come
Slowly now.

No comments:

Post a Comment