Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Torn Word

Trying to move on,
    Trying to
            Forget
                          My
    Mistakes and
            The hurt
I've caused.
           I'm trying
    To live a sober
       Life; a
                           Better
Life.  But
     I feel
           Haunted
                Hunted
By my mistakes.

Learned from but
      Not forgiven
         
          Lived
But not loved.

I want to
    Apologize to the
            World for
My actions; but
       I know it
  Will fall on tired
          Ears.
Falling like letters in
      A broken typewriter
                 Smashed
                              In rage.

But all I can feel is remorse.
      Guilt about my life.
My failures hunting me
           Like hungry dogs.

                          Each day
In this is new,
                 Uncomfortable.

I squirm in my
       Own skin
                     As if
To shed it or
         Shed me.

The words are just
Now flowing.  After
           Being trapped
For
So
Long.

               I feel as if I'm
         Ripping them out of
    My chest like the heart
  I ripped out
Long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment