Friday, April 11, 2014

Falling Out of Love

I know I should
  Get off this
          Train
  I know I obsess
I know it's too much
                        But
         How can I
                          Possibly
           Fall out of
      Love with you?
            You're the
                              Most
                                  Beautiful
            Girl I've never
                           Met.
Your words echo in my
          Skull across
                    Aeons of
    Depression and fear
          Loathing myself
             Into bottle after
                               Bottle
          You
    Were the light
        At the end of it
              All.
The sun after too
      Many long nights.
                My flashlight
           In this cave
                Of desolation
      And abhorred creatures
Of my own making.
        You
               Are still
    My shining light,
            A priestess
            Professing our
Love of
      Whomever is
    Tending the light
             At the end of the
                              Tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment